Monday, March 10, 2008

Exchange 2007 Restore of Hub Transport

Here is another un-documented bug on doing a restore of an Exchange 2007 server:

I was doing a /M:recoverserver on an Exchange 2007 server that had failed. The server had Service Pack 1 installed for Exchange.

When doing the recover (after I re-installed the OS of course) the recover program complained about some registry entries not being there when it was recovered the Hub Transport role. Truly interesting as I was recovering this service!!

It complained that these keys did not exist:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\Transport
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\Pickup

Simple enough though to move forward...

Just create the keys and then redo the /M:recoverserver and all will be well!

1 comment:

Alexis said...

There are numerous tools for resolving MS Exchange problems. But I chose the one, which helped me easily and rapidly. Above in my opinion it would become the good solution this situation - mailbox exchange recovery.